Saturday, September 11, 2010

Penn State Arboretum-H.O. Smith Botanical Garden





I recently discovered the H.O. Smith Botanical Garden in State College, PA. The garden, located across from the law school on Penn State Campus, is a wonderous place to photograph floral and fauna. I especially like the lily pond. It is best to visit early morning or late to early evening when the light is not as harsh as during the day. Any overcast or cloudy day would also be a good time to visit. The diverse varieties of plants make it an everchanging sea of color. You will need to visit every few weeks to capture the changing landscape. It was recommended to me by a friend and I thank her for that. I have included a link to the aboretum for more information as well as a few photos from my last visit.
http://arboretum.psu.edu/

No comments: